Here is what I would like to accomplish in the ETM classes together with the other members:
1. Understand the course of study.
To conduct meaningful classes for JHS students, teachers need to understand what they are supposed to teach to the students.
2. Consider why we learn English.
To motivate students to learn English, teachers should have clear purposes of learning English and should help students find their own purposes.
3. Accept feedback from co-workers and advisors and improve my own lesson.
I think sophisticated teachers can listen to others' advice carefully and they can revise their teaching methods.
4. Become proficient users of English inside and outside the classroom.
I believe teachers should be role models for all the students.
5. Understand and internalize the broad principles of Communicative-Language-Teaching and other relevant theories.
To become an English-language teacher who conducts interesting and meaningful classes, understanding of many principles and theories about English teaching is necessary.
6. Have a positive attitude towards collaborating with others and develop identities as a teacher.
Team Teaching is a good method for education, hence teachers should be able to cooperate with other teachers, students, and parents well.
7. Learn about Learner-Centered Teaching and provide JHS students with such classes.
I would like to put students center of the class. They should play a leading role in classes.
8. Be able to select appropriate topics and materials according to students' level.
Although choosing proper topics and materials for students may be the most important work for teachers, it may be the most difficult work for them.
9. Be able to conduct classes having smooth transitions between each activity so that students can follow the class easily.
If each activity in class is irrelevant, it causes students confusion.