Posted by Ami Notou on 08 May 2014, 4:27 AM
I believe that teacher should be respected by the stusdents, so
there are four things that I think important for English teacher.
1. To keep a promise at any time.
- Who wants to do what a liar said? I would like my students to be polite and
honest, so I either do that.
2. To be able to pronounce English correctly.
- If the teacher show a bad way to pronounce, the students would memorize it
unconsciously and it is hard to correct it.
3. To understand the students' thoughts.
- For example, why they can't understand the grammer, why they don't do the
assigments, or why they sleep in the class. Maybe the students have their reasons,
and I think try to understand them is the best way to solve the problem.
4. Never give up.
- Teaching English is very difficult thing. I think "teaching English" is a job that not
just "telling" something, but make the students become to be able to use English.
Because sometimes it is natural for English teachers to understand English
grammars and knowledges, but it seems very hard to "teach" them to the students
and make them understanding.